49th Armored Division

49th Armored Division
Just a cranky old 49er!

No! The end IS in sight!

No! The end IS in sight!
"And in those days there will be signs in the heavens!"

Who wrote the National Anthem?

"The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing!" I shall not be silenced! I shall demand truth! "Any thought left unchallenged is established as fact!" The thought that this is a "Muslim nation" is a lie! I shall challenge any insane individual that makes this claim! Nor were the founders of this nation and the framers of the Constitution deists!
My Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ, was and is the living Son of the living Jehovah God! Allah is not "just another name for the Jehovah God Jews and Christians worship!" Allah is a god fabricated by the Prophet Mohammed and is celebrated in the Qu'ran as a "great deceiver!"

Sunday, July 17, 2011

What if...just what if...



What if...just what if...you were well-bested in a discussion concerning just about any subject...or...were proven to have lied or...perhaps...been factually incorrect about something you maintained as fact?
What if there were no personal consequences?
Consequences! I've been facing them all my life! "There's that SOB Schustereit!" I was called at breakfast one morning by a County Commissioner because I dared ask where some money went that an oil company gave the county for road repairs.
Oh, and there was the County Judge who entered false accusations about me into county records because I drew up a poster saying that anyone on county court who failed to support the troops should be horsewhipped and run out of town! Chuckle!
I SIGNED MY NAME TO IT! ENJOYED IT TOO!
However, today, in the world of anonymous blogging on is able to carry on an endless argument, be absolutely incorrect in whatever assertion, and just keep on keepin' on!
That is the world of blogging today and sadly it's the world embraced, nay, encouraged by my local paper, the Victoria Advocate!
This is cute; a fella named John Figer wrote a letter to the editor using numbers, I asserted, he knew were incorrect. I wrote a comment behind the letter asking where he got the numbers. Didn't answer. Asked again. No answer! Five more times I asked and no answer and then all of my comments were pulled. I called to ask why and was told I was "taunting!" I was told this by a fresh graduate of journalism!
Are we gettin' the picture yet?
Anonymity breeds cowardice and encourages the unflappable!

No comments:

Post a Comment