49th Armored Division

49th Armored Division
Just a cranky old 49er!

No! The end IS in sight!

No! The end IS in sight!
"And in those days there will be signs in the heavens!"

Who wrote the National Anthem?

"The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing!" I shall not be silenced! I shall demand truth! "Any thought left unchallenged is established as fact!" The thought that this is a "Muslim nation" is a lie! I shall challenge any insane individual that makes this claim! Nor were the founders of this nation and the framers of the Constitution deists!
My Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ, was and is the living Son of the living Jehovah God! Allah is not "just another name for the Jehovah God Jews and Christians worship!" Allah is a god fabricated by the Prophet Mohammed and is celebrated in the Qu'ran as a "great deceiver!"

Friday, May 28, 2010

Institutional corruption as a policy!

1974, summer, it was hot! I was in the Victoria County Jail. Spent two weeks in Tank 2 before the Sheriff made me a trustee. Sheriff Dalton "Dutch" Meyer was a friend of my grandfathers and Pop was sick. Sheriff Meyer laet me out to visit him before he passed. Let me out for his funeral too.
Anyway, while I was in the tank we were visited by a well-known local businessman preaching the Word to us inmates. I could quote John 3:16 and he was impressed so I asked him for a job when I got out. He promised me one and made good on it! Then I was impressed.
Uh...er...until I saw how his business operated. It was corrupt! Selling un-needed car repairs. In a meeting we were told to cut off every valve stem on every wheel we put a tire on and we'd get .25 cents out of the $1.75 charged for the valve stem.
This was corporate, institutionalized fraud, theft and corruption as a matter of policy! Hmmm! Maybe these folks needed to spend some time in Tank 2!

Today it's much worse! Went to Wal-Mart tonight and they have a bulk items "Rollback" isle! And there it was, Kraft Miracle Whip at $1.97! Boy, that's cheap! HOWEVER, look closely! It's not in a quart jar anymore! It's a 30 ounce jar!
I spoke about rising food prices two years ago on the local rag and got labeled a fear monger for it! Well Archie, I told you so!

And it's everywhere you look at almost all commercial businesses. Went to Sears to buy lawnmower blades. Always makes me grit my teeth paying $38.00 for two blades made of such soft metal they don't get past the second sharpening! The nice young man said, "You can get $15 off if you apply for a credit card," so I figured I'd just get my discount and pay the other $18 and cut up the card and poof!
Ooooooh no! What the nice young man didn't tell me was there was a $59 yearly fee! So to get a $15 discount I was on the hook for $59! He even folded the reciept for me to sign in such a way that I couldn't see the yearly fee!
Corporate corruption as a matter of policy!

Greed, covetousness and outright fraud is everywhere! Chuckle! My local paper hired an admitted plagerist!

No comments:

Post a Comment